The A/V error detection libraries are being continuously enhanced. If you have specific requirements or would like more information please contact us.
Visual Error Detection
Analyzes designated visual errors on decoded video frames or within a defined region of interest (ROI) with respect to their specific characteristics. All analyzing processes run on pixel level (base-band analysis).
Input: Decoded (uncompressed) video frames, color spaces: YUV 4:2:0 PLANAR, RGB, BGR, BGRA, GRAY, other formats upon request
Results: Measurement values and visualizations
Visual Detection Modules
- Blocking Detects blocking artifacts for block sizes of 8x8, 4x4, and 16x16.Blocking Detects blocking artifacts for block sizes of 8x8, 4x4, and 16x16.
- Blur Detects blurry regions or areas with smooth textures or less detail.
- Exposure Detects overexposed and underexposed frames.
Ringing Detects ringing artifacts occurring only on strong edges.
- Noise Detects visual noise as an indication for random modification of pixel intensities.
- Freeze Detects freezes where content does not change over consecutive video frames.
- Field Order Detects the field dominance.
- Deinterlacing Detects deinterlacing artifacts occurring when combining two sub fields within a single frame.
- Black Frame Detects black frames if there are low pixel intensities within a frame.
- Black Bars Detects horizontal and/or vertical black bars.
- Quick Scan Options Fast check for Blur, Blocking, and Ringing.
- Coming soon: Flash frames, test pattern.