Range of Services
- Research cooperations, development services and consulting
- Contract research up to prototype production
- Customer-specific adaptation of Fraunhofer developments
- Measuring and evaluation methods
- Evaluation and user studies
The goal of the Project Group for Hearing, Speech and Audio Technology of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT is to implement scientific findings on auditory perception of normal and impaired hearing in technological applications. Main research is improving speech intelligibility, personalized audio reproduction in consumer electronics as well as computer-based recognition of speech and acoustic events.
The project group was established in Oldenburg in 2008 as a branch of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT.Through scientific cooperations, it has close links with the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, the Jade University of Applied Sciences Wilhelmshaven/Oldenburg/Elsfleth and other hearing research facilities in Oldenburg and is also a partner in the cluster of excellence »Hearing4all«.