The goal of the Project Group for Hearing, Speech and Audio Technology of the Fraunhofer IDMT is to implement scientific findings on auditory perception of normal and impaired hearing in technological applications. Scientists carry out applied research and development on behalf of industrial companies and public institutions in the fields of telecommunications, multimedia, health and care services, smart homes and smart cities, automotive, civil security and industrial production.
The project group was established in Oldenburg in 2008 under the directionof Prof. Dr. Dr. Birger Kollmeier and Dr. Jens-E. Appell as a branch of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT. Through scientific cooperations, it has close links with the hearing research facilities in Oldenburg and is also a partner in the cluster of excellence »Hearing4all«.
Facts and figures
Current number of staff
- More than 60 scientists and students
- Expansion of the Fraunhofer project group by the »Transfer Centre for User-Oriented Assistance Systems«, a cooperation with the Jade University of Applied Sciences
- Positive evaluation and permanent establishment of the Project Group at the Oldenburg location
- Start of the cluster of excellence »Hearing4all« at the University of Oldenburg, Hannover Medical School and the Leibniz University of Hannover
- Cooperation agreement with the Jade University of Applied Sciences Wilhelmshaven/Oldenburg/Elsfleth
- Founding of the Project Group as a branch of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT; initial financing by the Land Lower Saxony
- Cooperation agreement with the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg